Application Stage 

What accommodation is there at the University of Lincoln? 

Across 6-purpose built residences, we offer a variety of en-suite, studio and shared bathroom rooms in cluster apartments. All University-managed accommodation is single occupancy and rooms are fitted with furniture including a bed, desk, wardrobe and shelving. Beds at Lincoln Courts are single, and all other residences are a small double (three-quarter). 

Lincoln Courts offers shared bathrooms or en-suite wet rooms and all our other accommodation comes with an en-suite as standard. 

When can I apply for accommodation? 

The Booking Portal is now open for new undergraduate applications. You can apply for University-managed accommodation once you have firmed your place at Lincoln. Please allow up to 24 hours from updating UCAS to receive an email from Accommodation Services with a link to the Booking Portal. Here, you can apply for your top four residences in preference order. 

I live close to Lincoln, can I still apply? 

Yes. You can apply for accommodation no matter the distance of your home address – you can live with us throughout all years of study.  

When will I find out what room I have been allocated? 

Room allocations will be sent out in a phased approach around Results Day, in August. Offers may be sent out by residence or block, so please do not worry if you hear that someone has been sent their room information before you.  

Stay up to date by following the University of Lincoln and Accommodation Services on social media. 



It won’t let me log into the Booking Portal

You will need your student ID number to log into the Booking Portal. It may not be working for a number of reasons such as needing to clear the search engine cache or your application still being processed by the Admissions Team. If you need further help get in touch with the Accommodation team.

I need additional support with my room allocation, what should I do? 

Student Wellbeing and Accommodation Services work together closely to allocate students with a room which is best suited for them. 

This will be picked up by the two teams as part of your application. However, if you did have any questions or wished to view any of our accessible accommodation, please contact Accommodation Services through the online form: l, or email 

Can I view the accommodation? 

Yes, you can. We have show apartments which can be viewed as part of the on-campus events such as an Offer Holder Day, Informal Visit Day, or Open Day. If you would like to view an accommodation which is not part of the tours, you can do so by visiting the University of Lincoln website where you will find a 360-degree tour of the residences and rooms. 

When is the deadline to book accommodation?  

We guarantee an offer of a room to all new undergraduate students who apply for accommodation before 1 August 2024. You can still apply after this date, but you would not be guaranteed a room. We recommend booking your accommodation as soon as you know where you want to be allocated to avoid disappointment.

What if Lincoln is my second choice? 

If the University of Lincoln becomes your firm choice on Results Day, having previously been your insurance, you will automatically receive an email to book accommodation once you have firmed your place to study. 

Can I live with my friend?  

If you and another student would like to request to live together you will both need to do the following:  

  • When proceeding through the accommodation offer acceptance process, there is a notes section (section with a large textbox). It is in this section that you would need to include the Student ID and name of the friend you wish to live with. Your friend would also need to do the same with your Student ID and Name in their notes section. If there is a group of friends all members of the group should do the same. 
  • All students wishing to share must have received an offer for the same residence 

If you have already accepted an offer of accommodation and want to include a share request, then you may do so by emailing We will try our best to allocate you with your requested friend, however we cannot guarantee to fulfil all requests, due to availability.

Can I choose my room?  

On the Booking Portal there is the option to select the following  

  •  a single gender apartment  
  • a ‘Quieter Living’ apartment for students who prefer a quieter living environment. 
  • To work as a student ambassador and apply to live in a show flat 

Please follow the links on the booking portal to find out more information regarding these options before selecting them. 

Is there parking?

There are a limited number of Parking permits available to students staying at Valentine Court. These spaces are prioritised for students studying a medical degree with placements and go live on the Booking Portal late summer.  

Parking is not available at other residences, and we recommend students do not bring cars as private parking is limited.  


What is the online induction? 

The online induction includes Health & Safety, registering for your content insurance and booking your arrival slot. It will be uploaded to the Student Portal and must be completed before you arrive.

When will I receive my arrival instructions? 

Arrival instructions will be uploaded to the Student Portal in late August/early September. You will receive an email letting you know that these have been uploaded, as part of the online induction. 

The arrival process, for students in all years of study, will take place across set days and you will be asked to book an available arrival slot in advance. There will be different days for each site, with more days for larger accommodations such as St Marks and Lincoln Courts. 

Please read the instructions carefully as you may be asked to head to a holding area or to a car park which has a different postcode to your accommodation.  

Is there parking available? 

Your booked arrival slot will secure you a car parking space to offload your belongings and move into your room. 

If you wish to park for longer, the team will direct you to the nearest car park. 

When do we move in?

Arrivals will take place the week commencing 9th September, with set days for each residence. Students will need to book an arrival slot which will be part of the mandatory online induction.   


How do I report if something is broken? 

We are sorry to hear that something is not working correctly. You can report this by emailing, popping down to reception, or online on Planon. 

If you have an out-of-hours emergency repair, please call Security on 01522 886062. 

Where should I send my post to? 

All post should be sent to your accommodation reception. Letters and small parcels will be put into your apartment post box. Larger parcels will be stored behind the reception desk. 

You can collect your parcels during reception opening hours and will need to bring a form of identification to do so.  

If you cannot pick your parcel up and would like a friend to, please email the Accommodation Team confirming this and the name of the person who will be picking up your parcel. 

When are the receptions open? 

Our 5 receptions are open Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm. 

St Marks, Cygnet Wharf and Valentine Court are also open on a Saturday 9am – 5pm. 

All receptions are closed on bank holidays.

Can I book again for next year? 

Yes. You can stay with us throughout all years of study, and we would love to have you stay again. 

I am not happy in my room, what should I do? 

If you are not happy in your current room, the best thing to do is pop down to reception and speak to the team. They will help you with any questions or concerns and can talk you through the process of requesting to change rooms or, to be released from the contract. 

Our Residence Life Assistances are available every day from 6pm to 12am if you would like someone to talk to for advice.

Do I need to move out of my room in-between terms? 

No, your room is yours for the entire duration of the contract. You will not need to move out at any point throughout the year. 

Throughout the year Accommodation Services may need to access my flat… why is this? 

The operations team may need to access your apartment throughout the year for a range of reasons, including inspections, maintenance, repairs or wellbeing checks. 

For pre-planned activity, you will always be given a minimum of 7 days’ notice and if access is needed to your room, the team will knock before entering.  

Some larger apartments have communal cleaners who will access the kitchen/living space on set days. You can find out more by emailing 

How do I contact Accommodation Services? 

You can contact the team through any of the below methods Monday to Friday 9am – 5pm: 

T: 01522 886300 



Or by visiting the team in one of our 5 receptions: 

  • St Marks (Monday to Saturday 9am – 5:30pm, 5pm on a Saturday)
  • Valentine Court (Monday to Saturday 9am – 5:30pm, 5pm on a Saturday)
  • Cygnet Wharf (Monday to Saturday 9am – 5:30pm, 5pm on a Saturday) 
  • Viking House Monday to Friday 9am – 5:30pm) 
  • 179 High Street (Monday to Friday 9am – 5:30pm)