Valentine Court is one of our newest residences and opened in September 2019. The complex is made up of 70 townhouse style apartments, with each catering for between six or thirteen students. In total there are 469 furnished student bedrooms. Some apartments have rooms specifically designed for students with disabilities. Valentine Court is located to the south of the campus, approximately a 15 minute walk from the centre of the university.
Valentine Court will provide modern, well equipped apartment style houses with an atmosphere of communal living. The bedrooms are arranged over three floors and residents share a spacious kitchen, dining and separate lounge area on the ground floor. The en-suite bedrooms offer comfortable accommodation with fitted furniture and storage.
Each townhouse is spread over four storeys and has a fully fitted kitchen including cooker, fridge/freezer, washer/dryer, microwave, kettle, television, dining area, iron, ironing board, vacuum cleaner and mop and bucket. All rooms in Valentine Court are single en-suite rooms and fully furnished including three-quarter size bed, wardrobe, desk and drawers. En-suites include a shower, basin and toilet. Rent is inclusive of utility bills. Free 24-hour WiFi internet access and wired network is also available.
- All en-suite rooms
- Three-quarter beds
- Fully fitted kitchen
- Television in lounge
- Disabled access
- Laundry facilities (washing machine in every house)
- Bicycle storage
- Possessions insurance
- Free internet, including WiFi coverage throughout, plus direct port access in rooms.
There are three types of rooms within Valentine Court:
- Valentine Court en-suite room – the size of the standard en-suite rooms are between 14m² to 14.2 m²
- Valentine Court large en-suite room – the size of the large en-suite rooms are between 15.7m² to 16.2m²
- Valentine Court extra-large room – the size of the extra-large en-suite rooms are between 16.9m² to 18.4m²
- Valentine Court has 70 car parking spaces available for residents.
*For 20/21, car parking permits will have a fee of £460 (46 week agreement period) and will need to be applied for once offers are sent out in August as parking is limited. Priority for car parking will be given to Paramedic and Nursing Students. Continuing students will be able to apply for a parking permit from June for a small number of spaces which will be based on the percentage of returning students in the development. However, priority will still be given to Paramedic and Nursing students.