Room Change Requests

It is important that you’re happy where you live. If you want to change your room within university managed accommodation, we are here to help.

In the event that you are not happy with your current student accommodation, it is possible to request a room change.

Rooms in university accommodation are usually fully booked at the beginning of each academic year, which means we’ll only be able to transfer students to another room if rooms become vacant due to students choosing not to attend, or leaving the University during the accommodation agreement period.

What’s the process?

If you are not happy with your current student accommodation please come and see someone in Accommodation Services. We will talk to you about your reasons for moving to help us prioritise room availability but also to understand if there is anything we can help you with. We will then ask you to complete a Room Change Request Form.

*Please note priority will be given to students who live in the current development first or if there is a serious concern for someones health or well being.

Can I change room type of hall of residence?

If you live in University managed accommodation then you are able to consider all of our halls of residences (and room types) that we manage, on or off campus.

At the moment this includes rooms within Cygnet Wharf, Lincoln Courts, The Gateway and Viking House.

Please note, if you move rooms you will be responsible for paying the cost of your new room until the end of the accommodation agreement, which could be at a higher weekly rate and a longer contract length than your original agreement. Please make sure that you are aware of all costs and agreement dates before you accept a new room.

If you are unhappy in your current location or are considering a room change then please come and see someone in Accommodation Services, we are here to help!