Our arrival arrangements this year have been re-designed to optimise your safety and the safety of those you may be travelling with. With so many people coming and going across several arrival days we want to minimise the risk of COVID transfer.
We hope you will understand and support this and the necessary safety measures we have put in place at arrival and across the campus?
Arrivals information will be sent out shortly to all students in University managed accommodation.
Student room access cards and paperwork will now be issued only at booked time slots. We would ask the following:
- If you live in the East Midlands, please allow those from further afield to book 12-3 to enable long return journeys in one day.
- Please try to arrive on time – if you arrive early we will ask you to return at the booked time. If you are late, don’t worry – we will slot you in at a later time. We cannot issue keys to those who arrive out of their booked sequence.
When moving in please:
- Wear a face-covering throughout the arrival process. Wash your hands and use the sanitiser available.
- To aid social distancing: please limit help for student move in to one family member or friend.
- Please follow signage on queuing, lift use and priority. We strictly limit lift use to members of one household at a time.
- Limited lift access may make moving in to higher floors a strain – please take care, carry only what you safely can, and if using a lift try to load it up quickly and unload quickly so others can also do likewise.
Remember: once you have moved in you have joined a new household. You need to protect them by following government advice.
If you have any further concerns or questions please contact us by phone on 01522 886231 / 886198.