The University of Lincoln Accommodation Services team is pleased to welcome you to our residencies. Whether you are joining us for a short-term stay, passing through on a tour, or making Lincoln your home away from home for the next few years, we are on hand to make sure you have everything you need.
Whilst we all enjoy the easing of COVID-19 lockdown restrictions, it is important to remain respectful of others and vigilant of our surroundings. This is some useful information and guidance on how you can keep yourself safe and support others during your time at the University of Lincoln Accommodation.
Keeping Yourself Safe: There are numerous steps you can take to help keep yourself safe and reduce the risk of contracting COVID-19:
- Wash your hands with soap and water, or use hand sanitiser, when coming back to your flat.
- Maintain social distancing where possible and suitable.
- To help reduce the risk of infection, wear a face covering on public transport and in busy public places.
- Track and trace when you visit public places and continue to test for COVID-19.
- Look after yourself and peers, do not forgot to check in on your flat mates and reach out to support services if you need them. You can contact our Student Support and Wellbeing team on the following email address: email@example.com.
Looking After Others in Your Accommodation: As well as looking after yourself, it is important to take care of others. The following advise will help keep those you are sharing accommodation with safe too.
- Regularly clean any high touch areas such as kitchen worktops, door handles, and remote controls.
- Make sure you clean bathrooms regularly, especially after a visitor has been, using your usual cleaning products.
- Keep a window open in shared spaces, if possible, for regularly air circulation.
- Avoid sharing towels, bedding, or clothes.
- Food hygiene is always important, but more than ever you should make sure to wash your cutlery and crockery between uses and keep your surfaces clean.
Visitors and Guests: If you are planning to have visitors, whether that be guests or professionals, please be mindful of the following:
- Maintain social distancing from visitors, if possible.
- Inform your flat mates that you have guests coming and ensure that you clean down any communal spaces where the visitors have been thoroughly.
- Wear a face covering and ask people working in your flat to wear a face covering when you are in the same area e.g., cleaners/maintenance. Alternatively, plan maintenance for when you are not in the flat.
- If you have a guest staying, advise that they take a negative COVID-19 test before arrival.
- Try to limit the number of guests you have regularly visiting.
What to Do…Suspected Symptoms or Positive Test:
- Try to not to be in the same room as the person who has symptoms/has tested positive. If you must be in the same room ventilate it well and wear a face covering at all times.
- Do not share pots and pans or other utensils for cooking with the person who has symptoms/has tested positive. Cook and eat separately and make sure you clean the pots, pans, and utensils between uses.
- Do not share towels, bedding, or clothes.
- If sharing facilities, the bathroom should be cleaned after every use using your usual cleaning products.
- Do not allow any visitors except in an emergency.
- Wash your hands regularly with soap and water or use hand sanitiser.
- If someone needs to help the individual who has suspected symptoms/has tested positive, then they should wear a face covering, minimise contact and wash their hands immediately after.
- It is good idea to avoid activities which could generate aerosols such as high energy exercise or singing.
- If required, update your Track and Trace app and inform your course tutor that you will need to attend classes online.
- Inform Accommodation Services so that necessary actions can be taken and support, such as food supply, can be actioned.
Help and Support: Accommodation Services is on hand to support you during your stay. Working closely with Student Support and Wellbeing, International Student Services, and the wider university community, we will endeavor to put you in touch with the right people to solve any concerns.
Telephone: 01522 886198
Address: Accommodation Services Cygnet Wharf, Ground Floor Building B, University of Lincoln, Brayford Pool, Lincoln, LN6 7TS
Opening Times: 9:00 – 17:30 Mon-Fri, 9:00 – 17:00 Sat
Pharmacies and Medical Support: The University of Lincoln has an on-site Doctors service which is located inside the Student Wellbeing centre.
There are numerous local pharmacies, found at the below addresses:
- Lloyds Pharmacy: Brayford Quays, Newland, Lincoln LN1 1YA Open: 7:30am –11pm
- Lincolnshire Co-op Newland Pharmacy: 34 Newland, Lincoln LN1 1XP Open: 8:30am-6:30pm (closed 1-2pm)
- Boots Pharmacy: 196-199 High St, Lincoln LN5 7AL Open: 8:30am – 6pm
- Tritton Road Pharmacy: Morrison Supermarket, Centaur Road, Lincoln LN6 7QL Open: 9am – 6pm
For emergencies, Lincoln County Hospital and Accident and Emergency is located at Greetwell Road, Lincoln, LN2 5QY. Please call 111 for medical advice before 999 if it is not an emergency.